Keep your heart and eyes on Jesus

Yesterday I shared the story (more or less) of how I got to know Jesus. Those events took place almost eleven years ago and in that time I have experienced incredibly amazing moments and struggled through extremely difficult seasons. I've tried to keep my heart and my eyes on Jesus but I've messed up an awful lot too. In the bible in 1 Timothy chapter 1 verses 15 and 16 Paul writes something I can really relate to: "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance; Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners-of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life." Also take a look at Romans chapter 7 verses 14 to 25.
Here is a little poem to help us remember that no matter how many times we may stumble and fall Jesus sacrifice and our salvation remains unchanged.
 
The Saved Sinners Poem
I was a shameful sinner that's unfortunately true,
I'm still such a sinner but redeemed through You,
I may be rotten to the core but now I'm saved by your grace,
cause Jesus You took all my debt when You stood in my place,
at the whipping post and executioners cross,
my eternal gain was deaths forever loss.  
 
 
May you always keep your heart and your eyes on Jesus.
 
Brian

Comments