Encouragement and a purpose (part two)

Last week we talked encouragement and purpose, so this week lets continue. We know the bible is a great source of encouragement, this week lets take a quick look at what it says about our purpose.

Jeremiah chapter 29 verses 11 to 13 says: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 
In Micah chapter 6 verse 8 it says: He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Romans chapter 8 verse 28 says: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Ephesians chapter 2 verse 10 says: For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
At the very end of the book of Matthew, just before He ascends into heaven, Jesus in The Great Commission says: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

We were created to be in a relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and to look for opportunities as God enables us, to make the good news of Jesus sacrifice and resurrection known to the world.

 
Oh  that I could love and serve You,
oh to be more like your Son,
and tell the world of Your awesome greatness,
and all the things that You have done.


 
May you, in your lifetime, fulfill the purpose God created you for.

Brian 

Comments