Bible reading and a greater appreciation of Jesus

So back at the beginning of the year I had a decision to make. To either do my usual Bible reading plan which over the past several years has been to read through the New Testament, or to do something much more ambitious and read through the entire Bible in a year. I know lots of people do that each year my wife included, but I'm not that fast of a reader though and decided to take two years to read through it instead. Next, I went on the Internet and found a two year reading plan that I printed off and put into my Bible. Each time I complete a reading I check it off the list. This plan (so far anyway) alternates between a couple books of Old Testament and then a book of the New Testament and it has built in catch up days at the end of each month. Great for a guy like me!
Maybe you are one of those folks who reads through the entire Bible in a year, or maybe you pick it up to read just every once in a while, or maybe you've never read any of it. I want to encourage you in this week leading up to Easter to take some time to read the Bible especially the account of the Crucifixion and Resurrection. It will definitely give you a greater appreciation of Jesus.


When seeking wisdom,
look in God's word,
it's not far fetched,
or absurd.
 
 
May God speak into your heart and mind every time you read His word.
 
Brian

Comments