Sacrificial generosity

Over the past couple of weeks a friend from church has taught me something about generosity and sacrifice. He has built two maple syrup evaporators, one for another friend and one for me. On his own time and with his own money he purchased the parts and the metal needed to build them. Then used his welding skills and creative skills to put them together. And he did this knowing I couldn't pay him for his time or the materials, but he did it anyway simply because he new I really wanted one.
Jesus said "love your neighbour as yourself", my friend sure knows how to do that. My friend also reminded me in doing this of Jesus sacrifice for us. I realize there are light years of difference between my friends generosity and Jesus sacrifice but God can use anything to point us to Him. Jesus new our greatest need was to have our sin paid for, so He generously paid the price and did the work for us. And He did this knowing we could never afford to repay Him. We need only accept the gift.

oh I never could afford it,
you see it cost more than I can say,
but Jesus took care of a debt for me,
that I never could repay.
 
 
If you haven't already go ahead and accept Jesus gift.
 
Brian  

Comments