A Risen and Living Saviour

I work as a custodian in an elementary school, it's a job that definitely keeps me busy but, that I'm very thankful to have.  I've been at the same school for quite some time now and as I focus on the daily tasks of my cleaning routine I rarely, fully take notice of the familiar surroundings.
Occasionally though there will be something unusual within the usual that draws my attention and catches my eye.
A couple years ago now I had a very cool moment like that, it still often comes to mind.
 Teachers will frequently display on the hallway walls outside their classroom the art work their students have been doing. On this occasion as I swept the halls that evening past a fresh batch of colourful pictures, three crosses boldly drew my eye.



As I looked more closely I saw an open and empty tomb.
Wow! Here was the gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ, His death paying for our sin on Good Fridays cross, and His resurrection from death on that first Easter Sunday, beautifully portrayed in a grade six students art work.
I later found out the class had been learning about a particular artist and their assignment was to create a picture in the style of that artist, but the topic of the picture was their own free choice. They could make it about anything they wished. This student chose to put their faith on display, and among twenty-five or more other pictures all of various themes, theirs stood out bravely. At least to me it did.
As I reflect back on that moment I'd say, while the crosses got my attention, the open tomb captivated and stirred my heart, filling it with joy. I was powerfully reminded again of the awesome hope we have in Jesus Christ. He didn't stay dead!


Now there's an empty tomb, 
no skeletal remains or body to exhume, 
death overcome, 
there's no decay, 
Jesus Christ has led the way. 
Raised by God's awesome resurrection power, 
first day of the week, 
at an early hour. 


Whatever situations you may be facing in life, you will find great encouragement in reading the bible. I  would suggest starting with the gospel of John. John chapter 3 verse 16 says: For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have  eternal life. Like the student who created this artwork, you too can come to know the truth and hope found in Jesus Christ.


We have a Risen and Living Saviour,
we have The Good Shepherd King on His throne,
we have a Master Builder in Jesus Christ,
Who is preparing our eternal home. 


Brian

Comments