Welcome to "The Greatest Treasure"

So what is your greatest treasure? Is there something you can't do without? For some folks it's their savings, for others their job, for a few it's parked in the driveway. Whatever our treasure is, it holds great power over our hearts. In the bible, Matthew chapter 6 verses 19 to 21 Jesus says: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." For the first post of "The Greatest Treasure" blog I wanted to share a poem titled "The Greatest Treasure."
 
I want to share a true story about love beyond measure,
I want to share a true story about how I received life's greatest gift and treasure.
I've got a couple of kids and a really great wife,
and I was going along just living my life.
I came home at dusk I went to work before dawn,
I had great big plans and a cellular phone.
I wasn't really successful, I didn't drive a big car,
but I had some stuff and I wanted more.
We went to a church once in a while, thought that's what it took to make God smile,
even talked to Him every now and again, but like a genie in a lamp is how I treated Him then.
     We got a flyer in the mail once or twice,
from the church down the road, and my wife said "sounds nice",
eventually she convinced me and when we went there,
we found a place of purpose with people that care.
Through the music and the message my heart began to change,
through the music and the message I began to rearrange.
Then she signed us up for Alpha and they gave me a book,
it was called "Why Jesus" so I gave it a look.
It was pretty small it was pretty thin,
so I read it once and then I read it again.
In the back was a prayer about turning from sin,
in the back was a prayer inviting Jesus in.
Well I prayed the prayer accepted His sacrifice,
now in my heart there burns a fire, where once there was ice.
So if there is something I can say to you,
something truthful and wise,
if there is something I can say to you, some way I could advise,
it would be live your life for the one, who loves you beyond measure,
live your life for Jesus Christ, make Him your greatest treasure.  
 
God Bless and Happy New Year
 
Brian 
 
 

Comments