Living out God's word, part 1: Whatever you do...



This is a picture of Matt Fox trimming a willow tree in my back yard a couple weeks ago, that was  badly damaged by freezing rain last month. Matt and Dan Kennedy who is another guy from church took a few hours out of their busy schedules to give me a hand. Matt is the pastor of the church my family and I attend, he is a very gifted guy who is skilled with either a bible or a chainsaw. Someone who I can honestly say has gone out on a limb for me. Matt among other things, is also a talented musician, a bee keeper, a wood worker and has built three houses. If that isn't enough to keep him busy, he and his wife also have five young kids.
There is a bible verse that came to my mind as I thought about this picture and the busy guy that Matt is, it's Colossians chapter 3 verse 23: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working  for the Lord, not for men,. So what do you work at for a living? You may love your job or really struggle with it. It may be a joy to go to each day, or a chore you would rather not be a part of. Whatever your situation, be encouraged, because ultimately you are serving God. Whether you are the president of a large corporation, or like me, the guy who sweeps the floor and cleans the washrooms. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,...".
God Bless

Brian

Comments