Harvest time

 Thanksgiving weekend and harvest time, one of my favorite seasons and the annual reminder to keep an attitude of gratitude all year long.
I'm fortunate that where we live, we have a backyard large enough to have a vegetable garden. It's in that garden that God reminds me all summer long how awesome, generous and creative He is. He takes tiny seeds and turns them into all kinds of good things. Here's a couple of pictures.

 
 
  In Mark chapter 4 verses 26 through 29 Jesus tells a parable about seeds and the Kingdom of God.

He also said, "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how.
All by itself the soil produces grain - first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts a sickle to it, because the harvest has come."

I find myself spiritually wanting to be like the seed that grew the sunflower in the picture. What a lot of seeds from just one seed!
Now here is a poem that I wanted to share. I wrote it down several years ago not long after I got to know Jesus.

Harvest of the heart  
 
Lord please use this body to help my neighbor,
though lacking strength in limb and in hand.
Please use this mind though dull and cloudy,
as a humble vessel of your wisdom,
poured out upon all man.
Please dwell in this heart,
once cluttered and broken,
now thanks to You forever healed.
And show the harvest your love is providing,
may kindness and mercy be its bountiful yield.
Please use me Lord Jesus to serve and to do,
to help build Your Father's kingdom,
and glorify You.
 
   
Happy Thanksgiving, and may the Lord of the harvest bless and guide you and draw you to Him.

Brian

Comments

  1. and wishing you and your family a very happy and blessed thanksgiving too brian!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment