My every day struggle

I'm ashamed to say it but I still struggle with sin. Oh I might sometimes go several hours without my conscience raising any significant alarm bells, but then it happens, and I find myself falling face first into a mud puddle of sin. It might be foolish thoughts or actions, poorly chosen words or a wrong attitude. But the bottom line is it's sin and I can't seem to shake it. I know it's a big problem in my life because when I look through my poem book many of the poems mention it. Here is one of them.

It is sin that makes dark and gloomy,
all our days and all we do,
blocking the awesome light of Your Presence,
and clouding all that's true.
 
Romans chapter 3 verse 23 says: for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
 (I think I may be the poster child for this verse). In John chapter 3 verse 16 Jesus says: "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". Part of 1 Timothy chapter 1 verse 15 says "...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners..." Wow! That's good news for a guy like me. So here is one more poem to praise Him.
 
As sinful as I am,
and as sinful as I've been,
God made a way through Jesus Christ,
so even I can come to Him.
 
 
May sin not trip you up, may you always walk in the light of Jesus Christ.
 
Brian

Comments